VISAKHAPATNAM: In a tragic incident, a 22-year old married woman died after sustaining grievous injuries when a kerosene stove exploded in her house in Padmanagar of One Town area here Thursday. The victim, Y Lavanya, a resident of the same area, was set aflame in the horrible incident and suffered over 90 per cent burns. She battled for life for over two hours before breathing her last. She is survived by her husband and two children.
According to I Town inspector V Srinivas, the incident took place in her residence while she was preparing food. Lavanya was pumping the stove when it suddenly exploded due to heavy pressure. Due to her proximity to the stove, she was set ablaze and sustained grievous burn injuries. Police said that the locals who got alerted to the sound of the blast rushed to the spot and wrapped up Lavanya in a blanket to put out the fire and rushed her to KGH.
A case has been registered and investigation is on.