VIZIANAGARAM:A major fire broke out reportedly due to short circuit at Andhra Ferro Alloys Company in Garbham Junction of Budarayavalasa mandal in the early hours of Tuesday. Fire services personnel fought for four hours to bring the blaze under control. Though there was no loss of life, a large amount of property was destroyed. The estimated loss is around Rs 8 to Rs 10 crore.
According to Budarayavalasa SI K Prayoga Murthy, the fire erupted in the third Furnace of the company, when there was a short-circuit in its transformer at around 3.30 am Tuesday.
The fire quickly spread to 10,000 litres of current oil in the transformer. On information, fire engines and police rushed to the spot. The fire services personnel fought for over three and a half to four hours to not only contain the flames but douse them completely. Police have registered a case and investigation is on.