STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Rs 200 Crore Allotted for Arogyasri

Published: 23rd March 2015 06:01 AM  |   Last Updated: 23rd March 2015 06:01 AM   |  A+A-

VIJAYAWADA: Health minister Kamineni Srinivas has said that the 25 lakh government employees and pensioners in the state can get treatment for 1,855 diseases at any of the 371 private hospitals in the state using their health cards issued in any region.

Speaking at the health card awareness programme at NGO Home here Sunday, the minister said the government had allotted  `200 crore under the NTR Arogyasri Scheme, which will bear 60 per cent of treatment cost and the remaining 40 per cent needed to be paid by the employees through premium.

State Government Employees’ Association JAC leader A Vidyasagar asked the employees and pensioners to make use of their health cards. He said treatment was denied to employees at super specialty hospitals from November but chief minister intervened in the matter and resolved it.

Andhra Pradesh Super Speciality Hospitals Association (ASHA) president P V Ramana Murthy said in the next three months, new packages would be released to facilitate the employees of the public sector, municipal corporation and district library association with best quality medical services.

He said the people could make a call at toll free number 104 to clarify their doubts and an employee of NTR Arogya Mithra will be available at every private hospital to provide information regarding the treatments.

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp