GUNTUR: As the blame game began on the lapses which triggered the collapse of the three-storeyed building, Municipal Commissioner C Anuradha said the building owner had to take full responsibility for the incident. After inspecting the site, she said action would be taken against the owner based on the inquiry report submitted by the Engineering department.
Anuradha said building owner Naralasetty Narasimha Rao had been served notices for evacuation of a portion of the building built 12 years ago.
The Commissioner said Rao had encroached on the main road and built the G plus 2 structure. After being served the notice, he began to demolish the structure but had failed to take precautions while digging the ground.
Recently, he took up renovation work on the remaining part of the building without bothering to strengthen the pillars. On Sunday, the GMC officials removed the debris of the collapsed building to clear the traffic on Nandivelugu Road. GMC Commissioner, APSPDCL and police officials were also present.