Dalit tonsuring case: Big Boss star Nutan Naidu held in Udupi for impersonation

Posing as ex-IAS officer, he seeks medical certificates for accused in tonsuring case 

Published: 05th September 2020 09:09 AM  |   Last Updated: 05th September 2020 09:09 AM   |  A+A-

Commissioner of Police Manish Kumar Sinha speaking to mediapersons in Visakhapatnam on Friday.

By Express News Service

VISAKHAPATNAM: Film producer and housemate of Big Boss season 1 Telugu version, Nutan Naidu against whom a case under SC, ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 2018 was filed following tonsuring of a Dalit youth at his Sujatanagar residence here, was arrested in Udupi in Karnataka on Friday. Naidu allegedly tried to impersonate former senior IAS officer PV Ramesh and made fake calls to doctors, including KGH Superintendent PV Sudhakar, to save the accused, including his wife, from the case. 

It may be recalled that the Pendurthy police arrested seven persons, including Naidu’s wife and prime accused Priya Madhuri on charges of assaulting and tonsuring their former employee P Srikanth at Nutan Naidu’s residence. 

Addressing mediapersons here, Commissioner of Police Manish Kumar Sinha said that CCTV footage seized during their probe revealed that on August 28 (day of tonsure incident), Naidu made video calls to his wife Priya Madhuri twice from Hyderabad and threatened and abused Srikanth over the phone.

On August 29, Sinha said a person posing as former IAS officer PV Ramesh called up two medical officers and Dr PV Sudhakar, AMC Principal and KGH Superintendent, and asked them to issue medical certificates to six of the seven arrested in the tonsure case and refer Priya Madhuri to the hospital citing health issues.

“However, Dr Sudhakar, who grew suspicious of the caller, called up the ‘real’ Dr Ramesh and came to know that someone was posing Dr Ramesh. Dr Sudhakar, in turn, informed me about the phone call,” the Commissioner of Police said. 

Sinha said that the imposter used to set his name in Truecaller as Additional Chief Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Office. The police said that Naidu travelled to Bengaluru from Hyderabad and later to Mangalore and was finally taken into police custody at Udupi railway station with the help of the Karnataka Police. 

He said Naidu tried to throw away the four mobile phones he had used to impersonate Dr Ramesh during the arrest, but the police confiscated them. 


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp