200 down with gastroenteritis

Published: 25th June 2012 12:11 PM  |   Last Updated: 25th June 2012 12:11 PM   |  A+A-

As many as 200 persons fell ill in Sambra village due to gastroenteritis, of whom 25 were critical.

They have been admitted to the district hospital, Primary Health Centre at Mutaga and private hospitals. To prevent the spread of the disease, health teams with medicines have been sent to the village and people have been advised to drink only boiled water.

As the patients complained of vomiting and dehydration on Sunday, the administration suspect that the problem was due to the water from an open well. The patients are now recovering.

25 children fall ill

23 children of Chachadi village in Savadatti taluk fell ill after eating the nuts of a tree on Saturday night. According to their parents, the children ate the nuts which are similar to groundnuts, from a tree belonging to Nagaraj Desai. They started complaining of stomach pain, with vomiting and purging. As there were no staff in the government hospital at Chachadi, the children were rushed to Bailhongal and later to the district hospital.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp