STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Man, Two Children Die of Suffocation

Published: 11th January 2015 06:03 AM  |   Last Updated: 11th January 2015 06:03 AM   |  A+A-

CHIKBALLAPUR: A man and his two children died of suffocation after an electric short circuit at their house led to thick smoke at Ambedkar Nagar of Manchenahalli in Gauribidnur taluk on Saturday.

The deceased have been identified as Nagaraj (35), his daughter Nikitha (10) and son Nithiya (8).

Chikballapur Superintendent of Police Divya V Gopinath confirmed that the incident took place due to electric short circuit. There were clothes and other material on the sheets of the house. Heavy smoke due to the short circuit led to their suffocation, source said.

Nagaraj died on the spot and the children, who were shifted to a hospital succumbed later. The villagers said Nagaraj’s wife was away on a pilgrimage trip. Manchenahalli police have registered a case.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp