STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Environmentalist swallows toothpick with burger

A noted environmentalist of Dharwad had some tense moments last week after he swallowed a toothpick along with the burger.

Published: 30th May 2018 04:47 AM  |   Last Updated: 30th May 2018 04:47 AM   |  A+A-

Express News Service

HUBBALLI: A noted environmentalist of Dharwad had some tense moments last week after he swallowed a toothpick along with the burger.

Prakash Bhat, a known face among greens of the twin cities had to be hospitalised after an NGO’s function where a farewell party was organised for the CEO. Burgers were served at the event and Bhat, without realising there was a toothpick along with the cherry, swallowed it.

Soon, he started feeling uneasy in his neck. He could not talk or bring out the tiny wooden piece. He informed the NGO members, who took him to a private hospital near Shreya Nagar. The doctors on duty had a tough time realising that Bhat had actually swallowed a toothpick. He was discharged from the hospital the same evening.

Stay up to date on all the latest Karnataka news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp