Vadakara Police registered a case against CPM mouthpiece Desabhimani daily and a section of employees of the BSNL on Saturday, in connection with the leakage of phone call details of DySP Jossy Cherian, a member of the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the murder of RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan.
“In the probe, it was found that some BSNL employees unauthorisedly collected the details and transferred it to others,” said Kozhikode Rural SP T K Rajmohan. For whom they handed over the call details and what was the intention behind this would be probed,” he added.
Police registered the case under section 70 (3), 43 A, 66A1 and 2 of the Information Act. Vadakara Crime Detachment DySP P P Sadanandan is carrying out the probe.
Police started investigation on the basis of a report appeared in the Deshabhimani on Tuesday that the senior police official unauthorizedly misused his official mobile phone by talking to various mediapersons for more than 3,000 times since the murder of T P Chandrasekharan for hatching news reports against the party.
The report also carried the phone numbers of certain mediapersons and the number of phone calls made per day. In the report, it was stated that 7,557 calls and SMS were made from the DySP’s mobile number 9497990123.
Half the number of calls and messages went to reporters of newspapers and television channels for hatching news against the CPM. However, there are unconfirmed reports that BSNL has taken action against the employees involved in the case.
Meanwhile, the SIT collected evidence from three RSS activists Rajeev, Santhosh and Ramesh, all natives of Panur in Kannur.
They had earlier made a statement at the Panur Police Station that Kodi Suni and the gang threatened them on May 4, the day T P Chandrasekharan was hacked to death.
SIT summoned them to the Vadakara Camp office and recorded their statement.
Chargesheet in TP murder case soon
KOTTAYAM: Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan on Saturday said that chargesheet against all those arrested in the T P Chandrasekharan murder case will be filed soon.
Responding to the allegations that the police were delaying the process to file chargesheet and have stopped the inquiry, the minister said that the probe into the case is still on and chargesheet is expected to be filed by early August.
“The probe and filing of chargesheet will be strictly in abidance with the court directives. The police have already started proceedings with regard to filing the chargesheet,” the minister told reporters.
“Almost all of the accused in the case have already been taken into custody,” he added.