The T P Chandrasekharan murder case will not be handed over to the CBI at present and the Special Investigation Team currently probing the case will continue its investigations, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran said here on Sunday.
He was speaking after presenting the PM Foundation Award at the JDT Islam Auditorium in Vellimadukunnu.
He expressed confidence that all the culprits in the TP murder case would be nabbed by the team and added that its investigation was proceeding in the right direction.
“The investigation of the team so far has been satisfactory. All the members of the team are highly qualified officers with excellent records. They have expressed worries over the public threats issued by certain CPM leaders. These officials deserve to be applauded and not threatened,” he said.
The Minister was in favour of granting one more opportunity to the SIT before transferring it to the CBI. “The real culprits behind the murder are the people who ordered it. I am confident that the SIT will be able to nab them. Only when they fail, will the case be handed over to the CBI,” he said.
Meanwhile T P Chandrasekharan’s wife Rema, on Sunday, reiterated her stance that the case should be handed over to the CBI.