STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Nisham Case: Statements of Eyewitnesses Recorded

Published: 22nd February 2015 06:02 AM  |   Last Updated: 22nd February 2015 06:02 AM   |  A+A-

THRISSUR: The District Additional Session Court II on Saturday recorded the statement of three eyewitnesses in the Chandrabose murder case. The statements were recorded under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code, which has evidentiary value in the court of law. The details of the statement given by three security guards at the Shoba City, Anoop, Asainar, and Ajish, were not available.

According to public prosecutor B Ranendranath, recording the testimony of eyewitnesses by the magistrate will ensure greater transparency in the case and it will reduce the chance of witnesses turning hostile in the course of trial. As many as three witnesses have given their testimony before the magistrate, who jotted down their statement. He would also record the statements of the remaining witnesses in the coming days.

The testimony will be handed over to investigating officials if required. The decision to record the statements of the witnesses by Session Court Judge was taken  following the plea of prosecution as the court itself had observed that the accused is in a position to influence the witnesses and investigating officials if he was released on bail, while rejecting his bail application. The police had already submitted a report in the court which said, based on the description of three eye witnesses Nisham had attacked the guard without any serious provocation and he vandalised the guard’s cabin with an intention to kill him. Later, he along with his wife, Amal, who reached the crime scene in another vehicle on his direction, took the battered guard into the parking lot and further assaulted him.

Meanwhile, there was no response from the side of Amal who was served a notice by the police to appear before the investigation officers.  However, the police sources said that she would surrender before the officials either on Sunday or Monday. 

‘Nisham will be Dealt with Strictly’

Kochi: Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala on Saturday said that stringent action would be taken against Mohammed Nisham.  “The government is committed to ensuring complete justice to the family of Chandrabose. Hence, we will not allow the case to be sabotaged by anyone,” he said. 

Stay up to date on all the latest Kerala news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp