STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Food Poisoning at Sports Hostel

Ten students staying at the girls’ hostel of the District Sports Council were admitted to the hospital due to food poisoning.

Published: 21st July 2015 07:26 AM  |   Last Updated: 21st July 2015 07:26 AM   |  A+A-

KOLLAM:Ten students staying at the girls’ hostel of the District Sports Council were admitted to the hospital due to food poisoning. The students had been eating food from a hotel in Kadappakada for the past two weeks. In the morning, students started vomiting and were taken to the district hospital.

The hostel has around 60 students pursuing studies from 7th standard to post graduate courses. They are being trained for athletics, basketball and volleyball.  Rest of the students, who felt uneasy, left for their homes. Health officials collected samples of the food from the mess and hotel.

Stay up to date on all the latest Kerala news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp