STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Four fall sick after eating shawarma

Published: 07th November 2016 01:17 AM  |   Last Updated: 07th November 2016 03:19 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

KOZHIKODE: Four persons were hospitalised on Saturday due to suspected food poisoning, after they ate shawarma from a bakery functioning near Kozhikode Government Medical College.
Chevarambalam-natives Ranjith and Aswathy and Majida and Mirsad of Mayanad developed symptoms of food poisoning, including stomach ache, after consuming shwarma.

Meanwhile, local residents staged a protest in front of the bakery, demanding action against its owners. Later, the Medical College Police closed down the eatery, and initiated a suo motu probe into the incident. “We have not received any complaint. We will look into the incident, and initiate further steps after Food Safety officials carry out inspection,” said the police.
 Last week, health officers had seized stale meat stored in a shed in a farm at Vilangad in the Kuttyadi panchayat. Two migrant labourers were arrested in connection with the incident, who confessed the meat was meant for distribution in hotels.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp