In another mishap during preparation of mid-day meal (MDM), a student was gravely injured as he fell into a container having hot gruel on Thursday.
According to sources, after preparation of the meal, the cook had put the container of hot gruel outside the kitchen of Sihini UP School. During the lunch break while running Rahul Chhatar, a Class II student, fell into it and was severely injured. He was taken to a local primary health centre and then shifted to the VSS Medical College and Hospital in Burla.
The sources said VSS Hospital does not have adequate treatment facilities for burn patients. Meanwhile, Titlagarh DI of school Shankar Majhi said the cost towards treatment of the child will be borne by the district administration.