STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

One Dies of Electrocution

Published: 30th July 2015 06:06 AM  |   Last Updated: 30th July 2015 06:06 AM   |  A+A-

BHUBANESWAR:  A 40-year-old carpenter Pramod Maharana reportedly died after coming in contact with a live wire at GGP Colony under Mancheswar police limits here on Wednesday.

Maharana was a native of Benagadia of Bolagarh in Nayagarh district. He was residing at Baliapada slum in the Capital for the last seven years.

On Wednesday afternoon, while he was about to leave for lunch, Pramod unknowingly stepped on a live wire and collapsed.

Some of his co-workers rushed him to a private hospital here where doctors declared him brought dead. A case of unnatural death has been registered in this connection at Mancheswar police station and the body sent for autopsy.

Stay up to date on all the latest Odisha news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp