STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Infant dies in Odisha after putting live wire in mouth while playing on the floor

One of the family members had left an electric wire plugged in a socket but as there was no electricity then, the switch was left on.

Published: 27th February 2020 09:58 AM  |   Last Updated: 27th February 2020 09:58 AM   |  A+A-

baby, infant

Image used for representational only.

By Express News Service

NUAPADA: In a tragic incident, an eight-month-old child was electrocuted after putting a naked electric wire in his mouth in Nuapada district on Tuesday. The infant Kunal was the son of Prasanta and Bhumika Satnami of  Kandetara village.

One of the family members had left an electric wire plugged in a socket but as there was no electricity then, the switch was left on.

Kunal while playing on the floor crawled towards the socket and pulled out the wire. He put it in his mouth and got electrocuted. The family rushed him to Nuapada district headquarters hospital (DHH) in a critical condition where he was declared dead on arrival by the doctor.

Nuapada PS IIC Aditya Mahakud a case of unnatural death has been registered.

Stay up to date on all the latest Odisha news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp