Dad denies cops claim on Hosur boy’s skull

Anything can be said only after forensic report is out: Krishnagiri SP

Published: 27th June 2012 08:21 AM  |   Last Updated: 27th June 2012 10:41 AM   |  A+A-

The Hosur boy missing case took a new turn on Tuesday as his parents said the skull found by the police was not that of their son.

Shusil Mandal, father of  the missing boy Santhesh (17), addressing press persons at the press club here on Tuesday said, “My son is alive somewhere. I believe he has been kidnapped. Police should find out the truth.”

Shusil Mandal, in his habeas corpus writ petition stated that Santhesh was in love with the daughter of his woman tuition master and went missing from October 2011.

The boy was studying in Class XI while the girl was in XII standard in Maharish Vidhya Mandir school in Hosur. The tuition master was also working in the same school.

Not satisfied over the progress of the probe by the local police, the High Court directed the Krishnagiri Superintendent of Police to monitor the investigation process.

When the matter came up for hearing on Monday, additional public prosecutor Govindarajan informed a division bench, comprising Justices KN Basha and P Devadass, that the boy’s skull had been recovered. The skull would be sent to the forensic department for analysis and scientific investigation.

But, Mandal, a native of West Bengal and an employee of  a granite company here, refused to accept the police claim and said that the skull appeared like that of a 40-year old person’s.

He suspected the girl’s family for his son’s disappearance.

Talking to Express, Superintendent of Police Abhishek Dixit said the skull has been sent to forensic laboratory for scientific investigation. It’s too premature to conclude anything at this juncture.

Anything could be said after the forensic lab gives the report.

A week after the boy disappeared, the police found a body in Darga lake area in Hosur. The police initially recorded it as the body of a 40-year old unidentified person. But the SP said after inquiries it was found out that it was the body of a 17-year old person and was wrongly recorded as that of a 40-year old. The SP said still it was not confirmed whether the body was that of the missing boy.

He also said that the cops who appeared in the High Court in connection with the habeas corpus petition have only sought time.

“We are keen on finding out the truth. We will investigate and solve the case within 15 days.”

The next hearing in the case has been posted to July 9, when the Krishnagiri district police is expected to come out with the final status of the case.

Stay up to date on all the latest Tamil Nadu news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp