Tortured woman hacks alcoholic husband to death

A woman enraged by the constant torture she faced from her alcoholic hubby, hacked him to death and later surrendered to the police here on Saturday. 

Published: 29th September 2013 08:08 AM  |   Last Updated: 29th September 2013 08:08 AM   |  A+A-

A woman enraged by the constant torture she faced from her alcoholic hubby, hacked him to death and later surrendered to the police here on Saturday. 

Police said Parimannan (31), son of Solaimuthu of Kalvettumedu, was married to Marimuthu some years ago. Parimannan, who was a habitual drunkard, was torturing Marimuthu every day. Unable to bear his torture, Marimuthu deserted Parimannan and started living separately.

After the exit of Marimuthu, Parimannan developed a relationship with one Praveena (21), daughter of Pillappan and a resident of Thenmapattu, and started living with her. However, there was no change in his booze habit even after his new relationship. Parimannan used come home in an inebriated condition and quarrel with Praveena and neighbours, police said.

Besides creating trouble at home and in the area, Parimannan was also allegedly involved in chain snatching and thefts, and there were over 20 cases pending against him in Tirupattur town police station, police said.  On Friday night, Parimannan, who was drunk, went to the house of his second wife Praveena at Thenmapattu, picked up a quarrel and started thrashing her. Perturbed by the constant torture, Praveena in a fit of rage, hacked him with a sickle (aruval) on his neck.

Parimannan sustained grave injuries in the attack and died on the spot. Subsequently Praveena surrendered to the Thirupathur town police station and confessed to the murder.

Man stabs friend, surrenders

A former office-bearer of VCK surrendered before the police after stabbing his friend and his wife over some dispute at Uthangarai near here on Saturday.

According to police, ‘Gym’  Mohan and Muniappa were friends. On Saturday morning, an argument broke out between them during the course of which, both suddenly attacked each other. Mohan pulled out a knife and stabbed Muniappa. When Muniappa’s wife Mani tried to intervene, Mohan attacked the woman also with the knife. While Muniappa suffered injuries on the stomach, Mani sustained injury on her ear.

Meanwhile, Mohan surrendered before the Uthangarai police.  Mohan was once also detained under Goondas Act once, police said.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp