Rat Poison Kills Girl by Accident

Published: 03rd August 2014 08:23 AM  |   Last Updated: 03rd August 2014 08:23 AM   |  A+A-

TIRUPUR: A 19-year-old girl, who had accidentally brushed her teeth using rat poison paste, succumbed after seven days of the incident at the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Thursday.

On the morning of July 25, Albin Susmitha (19), a resident of Sri Laksmi Nagar at Pichampalayam Pudur in Tirupur, had mistakenly brushed her teeth using rat poison paste, as both the tubes looked similar. 

After a few minutes, the girl, who was a tailor at a garment unit, complained of irritation in mouth and throat to her family members, before fainting.

The alarmed family members, on checking, found out that she had used rat poison in place of tooth paste and rushed her to the Tirupur Head Quarters Government Hospital, from where she was referred to the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.

On Thursday night, Susmitha succumbed at the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.

Follow The New Indian Express channel on WhatsApp


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp