Boy Dies of Suffocation in Cloth Cradle

Published: 12th December 2014 06:01 AM  |   Last Updated: 12th December 2014 06:01 AM   |  A+A-

COIMBATORE: In a tragic incident, a nine-year-old boy died of  suffocation after the cloth cradle (thooli) in which he was playing got twisted around his neck.a The deceased identified as Irfan Ahmmed (9), son of S Mohammed Farooq from Azhakazchi Thottam in Kuniyamuthur, was studying Class V in a school here.

Around noon on Wednesday, Irfan was playing in the cradle at his home. Unfortunately, the cloth of the cradle got twisted around his neck and throttled the boy.

On seeing Irfan struggling, his parents freed him from the twist and rushed him to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.

However, doctors after checking him declared that the boy was dead.

Based on a complaint from his father Mohammed Farooq, Kuniamuthur police have registered a case.

Stay up to date on all the latest Tamil Nadu news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp