WARANGAL:Thirteen-year-old twins were electrocuted in a field at Guditanda village in Kesamudram mandal of the district in the wee hours of Wednesday.
The parents of the twins Mangya and Valchi rushed to the spot with their neighbours. According to villagers, Banoth Suresh and Naresh Suresh were twin brothers, students of class VIII at Nekkonda private school.
The duo had come back to the village to celebrate their holidays. They went to the field to water the crops early that morning.
But as it was pitch black they accidentally stepped on a snapped live wire lying on the ground and were electrocuted.
Villagers shifted their bodies to Mahabubabad hospital for postmortem.
Kesamudram police registered a case. Mahabubabad MLA B Shankar Naik visited the thanda and consoled the boys’ grieving parents.