Fire Breaks Out Chemical Godown in Hyderabad

Chemical material kept in a godown was gutted after fire broke out inside a godown today.

Published: 23rd April 2016 06:30 PM  |   Last Updated: 23rd April 2016 06:35 PM   |  A+A-

HYDERABAD: Chemical material kept in a godown was gutted after fire broke out inside a godown today. The mishap took place at Gaganpahad in Shamshabad of Cyberabad.

Tension gripped the locals when the high tension wires, passing above the chemical godown snapped due to heavy heat. However, no one was injured in the mishap. Minutes after the fire service staff received information, the fire brigades swung into action and took measures to put off flames.

According to fire service staff, around 4.15 pm today, they received a call from the local who stated that fire broke out from a godown and high tension wires are passing through the godown.

Immediately, the fire service staffers brought three fire tenders from Chandulal Bharat, Rajendranagr and Moghalpura fire stations and took measures in dousing flames. The fire brigades brought the situation under control.

The power supply was interrupted temporarily in the locality due to the incident.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp