Did two more Siddipet police officials attempt suicide? 

Published: 16th June 2017 01:42 AM  |   Last Updated: 16th June 2017 04:58 AM   |  A+A-

Express News Service

SIDDIPET/HYDERABAD : A day after the alleged suicide of Kukunoorpally sub-inspector of police created a stir and confusion whether he ended his life due to harassment of senior officials or his suicide was linked to the death of a beautician in Hyderabad, the state police department was rattled by reports of two other police officials _ an  inspector and a sub-inspector _ attempting suicide or threatening to commit suicide due to harassment by senior officials.

The Siddipet police commissionerate has been in the news for the past one year with three SI-rank officials, two of them attached to Kukunoorpally police station, shooting  themselves to death with their service revolvers.

Taking a serious view of it, director-general of police Anurag Sharma sent two senior IPS officers to the district to inquire into the allegations of harassment by senior officials.

Meanwhile, highly-placed sources said that an inspector-rank officer attached to the commissionerate had, in the recent past, attempted suicide citing harassment by senior officials. “The officer consumed sleeping pills but was saved,” a source said, adding that the inspector later got  transferred  to the Hyderabad city police.

Another SI too allegedly threatened to commit suicide due to harassment by senior officials, sources said. It is also learnt that a senior police officer in the  commissionerate limits has recently held a meeting with several police officers, including the deceased SI, and ‘counselled’ them on certain issues. It is learnt that Prabhakar Reddy too has been facing harassment from his higher-ups since his posting at the police station after the death of Ramakrishna Reddy.

“Prabhakar Reddy was already facing harassment at the hands of his seniors and as the seniors got to know about beautician Sirisha’s death in Hyderabad and the SI’s links to it, they (senior officials) allegedly threatened to take him to task,” sources said, adding it might have prompted the SI to take the extreme step.

Meanwhile, Forensic officials, who conducted post mortem on the body of Sirisha, found injuries on her  face. There was no indication that the woman was sexually assaulted, sources said. 
“We have formed several teams and are co-ordinating with the police from Siddipet in connection with the suicides. Once we get the post mortem report, we will initiate action,” police said. Task Force sleuths have taken into custody RJ Photography Institute owner Vallabhaneni Raj Kumar alias Rajiv and his friend Sravan Kumar for questioning. 
Statement recorded

Police recorded the statement of Tejaswini, girlfriend of Rajiv, in connection with Sirisha’s death. Sources said Tejaswini and Sirisha had a chat on WhatsApp regarding Rajiv. The tower location and call record revealed that Sirisha, Rajiv and Sravan had gone to Kuknoorpally. Police collected Google map point of location sent by Sirisha to her husband Satish. According to it, she was 71 km away from Hyderabad on the night of June 12.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp