Plea seeks amendment to CrPc Section

In this regard, there is a need to make an amendment to Section 41 (1)(b).

Published: 30th June 2018 05:47 AM  |   Last Updated: 30th June 2018 05:47 AM   |  A+A-

Image for representational purpose only.

By Express News Service

HYDERABAD: A petition was filed in the Hyderabad High Court seeking direction to the Telangana state principal secretary to home to take steps for making amendment to Section 41 (1)(b) CrPC. Under this section, the police as part of probe in the cases where the punishment/imprisonment would be up to seven years, would issue notice to the accused as per Section 41 A CrPC and direct them to appear before them.

Petitioner M Subbaraya Sastry of the city, in his plea, urged the court to issue directions ensuring that the police issue notice under Section 41A in the cases where the punishment was less than three years and not seven years, and investigate the case. In this regard, there was a need to make an amendment to Section 41 (1)(b). They raised an objection in issue of notice by Chaitanyapuri police under Section 41A of CrPC in a case relating to theft of jewellery and money from a bank by using forged documents.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp