Eight-year-old dies after toffee gets stuck in his throat

Meanwhile, the school staff rushed the boy to the MGM Hospital, where the doctors found a toffee stuck in his throat.

Published: 28th November 2022 08:02 AM  |   Last Updated: 28th November 2022 08:02 AM   |  A+A-

Toffee, Candy

Image used for representational purpose only. (Photo | MaxPixel)

By Express News Service

WARANGAL: In a tragic incident, an eight-year-old student died after chocolate got stuck in his throat here on Sunday. The victim, Sandeep, was a Class III student at a private school. He fainted soon after he sat on the bench in the classroom. The school principal called the boy’s father Kangahan Singh. 

Meanwhile, the school staff rushed the boy to the MGM Hospital, where the doctors found a toffee stuck in his throat. He died while being operated upon by a team of surgeons to remove the chocolate.It is learnt that Kangahan Singh, a businessman, who recently returned from a foreign trip, brought chocolates for his children. His wife Geeta gave some chocolates to her three children before they were taken to their school by their father.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp