Six people were killed and over 100 injured in the blast that took place near a mosque in Malegaon on September 29, 2008.
Malegaon blast case: Special NIA Court adjourns hearing, Pragya Thakur seeks exemption from daily appearance
On being asked the reason behind not appearing before the court regularly, Thakur said, "Last time when the court had called me, I was hospitalised and I am still undergoing treatment."
Thakur's lawyer said that she was admitted to a hospital in Delhi on Friday, due to which she could not make it to the court.
Six people were killed and over 100 injured when an explosive device strapped on a motorcycle went off near a mosque in Malegaon, 200 kilometres from Mumbai, on September 29, 2008.
Six people were killed and over 100 others injured when an explosive device strapped on a motorcycle went off near a mosque in Malegaon in 2008.
The court's direction came on a plea of one of the victim's family, seeking day-to-day trial in the case, which is being probed by the National Investigation Agency
Thakur has been undergoing treatment for her ailments and was taking heavy doses of medicines, which could have caused dizziness.
Lt Col Prasad Purohit, an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, today turned hostile while deposing in a court here as a witness in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case.
The apex court had last week reserved its verdict on Purohit's plea seeking interim bail in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.