Puducherry elections

I bow my head to verdict given by people, says ex-Puducherry CM Narayanasamy after drubbing

The Congress suffered its worst defeat in the history of elections here, winning just two seats

published on : 3rd May 2021

For the first time, NDA set to form govt in Puducherry

The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is set to form the government in the UT of Puducherry for the first time.

published on : 3rd May 2021

COVID-19: Puducherry to remain under lockdown during counting of votes on May 2

The lockdown restrictions and night curfew imposed up to April 30 in Puducherry have been extended to May 3

published on : 28th April 2021

Pandemic fails to dampen poll mood in Puducherry

After a first few hours of brisk voting in Puducherry, sparking expectations that the polling percentage would cross 90, the figure settled at 81.64 by the end of the day.

published on : 7th April 2021

Curfew won’t deter groups going to vote: Karaikal admin

The Election Officer has banned weapons, sticks, banners and placards, and bike rallies.

published on : 6th April 2021

Days before Puducherry polls, HC directs UIDAI to probe into data breach

The court also made it clear that the ECI should deal with the perceived breach of code of conduct without putting a lid on the issue, and a separate probe initiated against the party should go on.

published on : 2nd April 2021

Puducherry Elections 2021: Hot seat - Raj Bhavan

A detailed look at the problems plaguing the constituency in Puducherry

published on : 1st April 2021

Puducherry polls: Statehood for UT, increase in Central grants find mention in NR Congress' manifesto

The party has promised to withdraw user charges for garbage collection. It would also fill up 9,500 vacant posts in various government departments.

published on : 31st March 2021

Narayanasamy asks why no probe ordered against him if corruption charges by PM Modi are true

He said the PM also failed to make any announcement on issues affecting Puducherry like statehood, waiver of the legacy loan and provision of more grants

published on : 31st March 2021

Former Puducherry CM Rangasamy urges PM Modi to enhance annual central grants to UT ahead of polls

The grants need to be in the ratio of 70 per cent borne by the Centre, and the remaining 30 per cent from Puducherry’s own resources, Rangasamy said.

published on : 30th March 2021

PM Modi says Congress government in Puducherry was a 'disaster', accuses ex-CM of corruption

Modi said, "There was only loot. MLAs belonging to the Congress had been openly talking about the corruption directly linked to the family of the former Chief Minister and were sidelined."

published on : 30th March 2021

FIR registered against BJP candidate in Puducherry after cash seized from his vehicle

The flying squad team in Mettupalayam seized Rs 43,000 in cash and the Innova car of the candidate at around 11.45 pm on March 28

published on : 30th March 2021

Veerappa Moily terms NDA an alliance of contradictions

Former Union Minister and senior Congress leader, Veerappa Moily, said NDA is an alliance of contradictions.

published on : 30th March 2021

Congress rule in Puducherry was a failure: AINRC founder Rangasamy

N Rangasamy on Monday said the nearly five-year rule of the Congress in Puducherry in alliance with the DMK was a failure.

published on : 30th March 2021

Puducherry Assembly elections: Drones, UAVs prohibited in view of PM Narendra Modi's visit

PM Narendra Modi would address an election rally on Tuesday to woo voters for NDA candidates contesting the April 6 Assembly polls.

published on : 29th March 2021
1 2 3 >