Mizoram stone quarry collapse: Toll rises to 10; PM announces Rs 2 lakh ex gratia
2 more bodies were recovered on Nov 15th from the debris of the stone quarry which collapsed in Mizoram's Hnahthial dist. So far, 10 bodies have been recovered and one person is still missing. The teams of BSF, Assam Rifles and NDRF are engaged in a search operation to retrieve the body of the remaining person. Earlier, the bodies of 8 migrant labourers were recovered. PM Modi expressed grief and announced an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh to the next kin of each deceased.
Mizoram: Eight dead, 12 feared trapped after stone quarry collapses
A total of eight bodies have been recovered so far from the site at Maudarh village in Mizoram's Hnahthial district after a stone quarry collapsed on Monday afternoon. The incident took place at around 2:40 pm in the Maudarh area in the Hnahthial district. Twelve more workers are still feared trapped. Out of 12 workers, four are ABCI Infrastructure Pvt Ltd employees and eight are contractor employees.
Vizhinjam seaport protests: Police station attack was with 'ulterior intention', says Kerala CM
'The Kashmir Files' controversy: Apologies if my remarks were interpreted differently, says Nadav Lapid
Will fight again, against what is wrong: Bilkis Bano on remission given to her rapists
Tamil Nadu amended law that allows Jallikattu seeks to prevent cruelty on animals: State tells SC
India dismisses China's concerns on military exercise with US in Uttarakhand
'Bazball' powers England to new first-day record against Pakistan in 1st Test