● Paneer (cut into small pieces): ½ cup
● Clarified butter/ghee: ½ cup
● Almonds: ½ cup
● Cashew nuts: ¼ cup
● Big raisins/munakka: ½ cup
● Pistachios: ½ cup
● Walnuts: ½ cup
● Dry dates: 8-10
● Dry coconut slices: ½ cup
● Sugar syrup: made by dissolving 2 cups sugar in 1 cup water
● Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
● Cinnamon powder: 1 teaspoon
● Dry ginger powder: 1 teaspoon
● Cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
● Saffron: 1 teaspoon dissolved in water
● Rose essence: a few drops
● Soak almonds, cashew nuts, big raisins, pistachios and walnuts
in water for half an hour.
● Soak dry dates in lukewarm water in another bowl. Cut the
soaked dates into small pieces and deseed them.
● Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan. Fry the coconut slices till
slightly browned. Remove to a plate.
● Fry paneer pieces in the same ghee till slightly browned.
● Drain the dry fruits and add them in the pan. Add fried
coconut, sugar syrup and all the spices to this.
● Cook till sugar is dissolved and thickened.
● Put pure silver leaf on top and serve immediately .
The author owns the Moti Mahal chain of restaurants.