AICTE

New policy to resolve technical education crisis: AICTE chief

In the reformed examination system, 30 per cent of the questions will be from textbooks and the rest 70 per cent will centre around innovation and creativity among other things, he said.

published on : 30th November 2019

It’s Eamcet this year for engineering admission: TSCHE chief

According to officials, schedules for common entrance tests, including Eamcet would be released soon.  

published on : 27th November 2019

No final decision yet on merger of UGC, AICTE: HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank

Last year, the Human Resource Development Ministry had announced its decision to replace the UGC by repealing the UGC Act, 1951.

published on : 21st November 2019

Fate of 200 engineering colleges afiliated to JNTU Hyderabad hangs in balance

The colleges are  under scrutiny for construction in catchment areas of reservoirs and usage of urban land in surplus.  

published on : 21st November 2019

Students protest ‘brutal’ police attack on JNU counterparts   

The protesters raised slogans against the 'commercialisation' of education and the police’s intervention in 'democratic' protests of students.

published on : 13th November 2019

Telangana private engineering colleges still withholding certificates of faculty?

AICTE issued a circular against trend after suicide of a professor

published on : 10th October 2019

Ex-staff of private engineering college alleges college withholding employee's certificates

Take Spandana route to demand action against their previous employer for violating AICTE rules

published on : 30th September 2019

Mandatory certification for engg faculty soon, says AICTE chairman

He was speaking at a national conference on innovation in higher education, conducted by Education Promotion Society for India (EPSI), here on Saturday.

published on : 15th September 2019

Pharmacy associations criticise Odisha government failure to create jobs

Pharmacy associations of the State are up in arms against the State Government’s apathetic attitude towards pharmacists and pharmacy students.

published on : 29th August 2019

Rules for Telangana's private varsities too generic, say academicians

He further added that doing so would have given confidence to students/parents and add another layer of scrutiny.

published on : 21st August 2019

AICTE to provide aid to Rural technical institutes’ for modernising laboratories

The duration of the project will be two years from the date of receipt of funds in the institute’s account.

published on : 12th August 2019

AICTE to modernise facilities in rural engineering colleges, technical institutions

The technical education regulator under the HRD Ministry will be providing grants under the Modernisation and Removal of Obsolescence (MODROBS) scheme.

published on : 11th August 2019

Poor job market: 4,000 BTech seats slashed in Odisha engineering colleges

The total BTech seat strength in Odisha has come down from 38,296 in 2018-19 to 34,223 in 2019-20.

published on : 10th July 2019

Tamil Nadu has 15,000 fewer engineering seats this year

WITH interest in engineering education waning, more technical institutions from Tamil Nadu have opted for reduction in intake or closure this year.

published on : 21st May 2018

Supreme Court: All deemed-to-be universities should get AICTE nod

Deemed-to-be universities across the nation offering technical and engineering courses should henceforth get sanction from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).

published on : 2nd December 2017