currency notes

People ‘commissioned’ to exchange Rs 2,000 notes in Bhubaneswar 

Sources said some influential individuals might have engaged people from slums and nearby areas to get the discontinued currency exchanged.

published on : 1st November 2023

Bizmen asked not to accept Rs 2,000 currency notes as deadline ends

Kuldeep Kumar, President, Lajpat Nagar Market Association, said that the shopkeepers of the area will not accept Rs 2,000 currency after 12 pm, September 30.

published on : 30th September 2023

RBI to withdraw incremental CRR in phases by October 7 

The RBI said 25% of the amount of I-CRR maintained by banks will be released on Saturday and another 25% on September 23.

published on : 9th September 2023

93 per cent of Rs 2000 notes return to banks: RBI

Data from major banks indicates that out of the total banknotes in Rs 2000 denomination received back from circulation, about 87% is in the form of deposits and the remaining 13% has been exchanged.

published on : 2nd September 2023

Withdrawal symptoms: Currency in circulation down Rs 1.54 lakh cr as 2000-rupee note bids adieu

Currency in circulation fell from Rs 34.78 lakh crore as on May, 19 when the withdrawal of the country's largest denomination was announced, to Rs 33.24 lakh crore as on July, 28

published on : 7th August 2023

SC rejects plea against exchange of Rs 2,000 notes without ID proof

The apex court said, allowing the exchange of Rs 2000 currency notes is matter of executive policy decision.

published on : 10th July 2023

Fake currency, air pistol seized from house in Coimbatore

Podanur police seized counterfeit currency notes, fake gold bars, rubber stamps, and an air pistol from a house near Vellalore on Monday.

published on : 21st June 2023
Isreal Conflict