Food poisoning: Salmonella, shigella found in shawarma samples

The food samples collected from the shawarma outlet at Cheruvathur had the presence of salmonella and shigella bacteria, Health Minister Veena George has said.

published on : 8th May 2022

Salmonella and shigella bacteria detected in 'shawarma' samples from eatery in Kerala

Devananda, the 16-year-old girl from Karivallor near Kasaragod, died at the Kanhangad district hospital last Sunday, while undergoing treatment for food poisoning.

published on : 7th May 2022

Food inspection drive on in Ernakulam as shigella, salmonella trigger alarm

The food poisoning cases reported recently have renewed focus on the hygiene standards at eateries in Ernakulam. 

published on : 6th May 2022

Shawarma shocker spurs inspection drive in Kochi

Hotel assn has been asking govt to identify outlets without licence

published on : 4th May 2022

Inspection at eateries in Kerala, guidelines soon to run shawarma joints

On Monday, Health Minister Veena George asked the food safety commissioner to prepare a set of safety guidelines for shawarma joints.

published on : 4th May 2022

‘Not usual loose motion’: Doctor warns of ‘killer’ shigella contagion

Shigellosis or shigella bacteria infection killed Devananda (16), who was hospitalised after having shawarma, said Kasaragod district medical officer Dr A V Ramdas.

published on : 4th May 2022

Kerala spoilt shawarma case: Shigella killed 16-year-old girl Devananda

Unhygienic, undercooked or contaminated food and water can be a source of shigella, which can cause an intestinal infection that is very contagious, said the district medical officer (DMO).

published on : 3rd May 2022

Shigella suspected in boy who died in Malappuram

The boy started to show some symptoms, including diarrhoea and vomiting, on February 13.

published on : 20th February 2022