TN govt depts owe metro water tax dues of Rs 126 crore
Despite successfully collecting present bills, the board is facing a challenge in collecting the old dues.
28 May 2023
‘Tamil Nadu windmills need repowering policy’
Repowering old wind turbines holds the promise of generating more power than the current situation allows.
28 May 2023
Swim against the tide, one lap at a time
An autistic boy who took a fearless plunge into the waters and swam 15 km between Neelankarai and Kannagi statue, is now in the Asian Book of Records
21 May 2023
Tamil Nadu working on Japanese model for effective water management
Similarly, JICA is compiling a report on flood mitigation, incorporating special equipment and state-of-the-art technologies for installing in waterbodies.
21 May 2023
Tamil Nadu: Delay in land acquisition a stumbling block to 765KV substation project
ISSUES related to land acquisition have affected the completion of a 765-kilovolt substation of Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation (Tantransco) at Coimbatore.
16 May 2023
Tamil Nadu to float tenders for smart meters next week: Electricity Minister
According to a senior official, the project will be carried out under the Centre’s revamped distribution sector scheme.
26 Apr 2023
WRD to start Rs 90 crore desilting work in 12 districts across Cauvery delta
The department has planned to carry out a total of 696 works, including bund strengthening and removal of bushes. It aims at covering a total of 4,720 km, benefiting over 6.5 lakh acres of land.
24 Apr 2023
TANGEDCO plans to harness more wind power this summer
It may be noted that power demand stood at 17,563 MW on April 29 last year and the highest consumption was 388 MUs.
23 Apr 2023
Tangedco lost Rs 813 crore due to delay in ending purchase pact: Report
The report said Tangedco had entered into a power purchase agreement with PPN in January 1997 for the supply of 330.5 MW power for 30 years from the date of commercial operation.
22 Apr 2023
Tangedco to get coal for Mettur plant from Telangana
The Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) has signed an MoU with Singareni mines in Telangana for the procurement of coal.
19 Apr 2023
Tangedco generates record 6,000 MU hydropower in 2022-23
Hydropower contributes 7 to 9% of the total power generation during the non-monsoon period and 15% during the monsoon period in the state.
14 Apr 2023
Monsoon-preparedness works across TN to start by third week of April
The government has also planned to restore Adyar river by introducing various recreational facilities. However, in a few areas, desilting works are underway, the official said.
12 Apr 2023
Work on desilting tanks to begin soon across Tamil Nadu
The World Bank will provide 70% of the project funds as loan, while the state government will bear the remaining 30%.
10 Apr 2023
With World Bank aid, 419 waterbodies in Tamil Nadu to be restored
The department has sent the proposal for funds to World Bank through central water resources authority.
08 Apr 2023
Disposing dyke ash from five power plants remains a challenge for Tangedco
It may be noted that the union government issued a stern directive to Tangedco on December 31, 2021, telling it to clear the entire accumulated ash from its thermal stations within 10 years.
07 Apr 2023
Vizhinjam seaport protests: Police station attack was with 'ulterior intention', says Kerala CM
'The Kashmir Files' controversy: Apologies if my remarks were interpreted differently, says Nadav Lapid
Will fight again, against what is wrong: Bilkis Bano on remission given to her rapists
Tamil Nadu amended law that allows Jallikattu seeks to prevent cruelty on animals: State tells SC
India dismisses China's concerns on military exercise with US in Uttarakhand
'Bazball' powers England to new first-day record against Pakistan in 1st Test