Taskmo Co-founders Naveen Ram and Prashant Janadri  (Photo | Taskmo @ X)
Business

Founders of Taskmo exit as Quess buys co

The acquisition marks a significant milestone for Taskmo, which was founded in 2020.

Express News Service

BENGALURU: Gig economy platform Taskmo founders Prashant Janadri and Naveen Ram took an exit after scaling 20X in the last two financial years and also after completing the company’s acquisition by Quess Corp, which was an early investor in the platform.

The acquisition marks a significant milestone for Taskmo, which was founded in 2020. Taskmo will continue to operate independently under the Quess Corp umbrella. The company raised its first round of funding $1.4 million with Quess in 2021 and followed by equity and debt rounds by the same strategic investor.

Taskmo claims that it has seen hyper growth of 20X in the last 2 financial years. The platform has been working with marquee companies like Jiomart, Amazon, Flipkart, Meesho, Zomato, Rapido, Uber, Ola, HDFC and Swiggy, among others.

Prashant Janadri, co-founder and chief executive officer, Taskmo said, “We experienced a little shyness from workers to opt for gig work in our early days, but our seamless opportunities with the ease of product helped us serve more than 35,000 unique taskers or gig workers so far.”

22 Indian seafarers reportedly safe after two vessels hijacked off Somalia, Gulf of Aden, says centre

Centre asks states to step up surveillance as H1N1 cases surge in Delhi, adjoining areas

Delhi Police files FIR over youth's pellet injuries from July 20 protest after Rahul Gandhi's dharna

Several detained as anti-reservation protesters gather at Jantar Mantar despite no police nod

JMM workers clash with protesting students in Ranchi, flee with Hemant Soren’s effigy

SCROLL FOR NEXT