Asaram Bapu (PTI Photo) 
Nation

No untoward incident so far after Asaram conviction: Home Ministry

No untoward incident has been reported so far from anywhere in the country in the wake of the conviction of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu by a Jodhpur court.

From our online archive

NEW DELHI: No untoward incident has been reported so far from anywhere in the country in the wake of the conviction of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu by a Jodhpur court today, the Home Ministry said.

The ministry is also keeping itself abreast of the prevailing situation, particularly in Rajasthan, Gujarat and Haryana, said a Home Ministry spokesperson.

"No significant law and order incident has been reported from anywhere so far in wake of the conviction of Asaram Bapu," he said, adding that the developments are being closely monitored by respective state governments.

The godman was convicted by a Jodhpur court today for rape of a teenager about five years ago at one of his ashrams.

The central government had asked Rajasthan, Gujarat and Haryana governments yesterday to beef up security in their states and ensure that no violence takes place after the verdict.

The three states were also told to deploy additional forces at sensitive places, the official said.

Hours after resigning from Congress, Bhupen Borah says 'reconsidering decision'

Seven dead in fire at Chemical factory in Rajasthan’s Bhiwadi; trapped workers rescued

Tarique Rahman to take oath as Bangladesh's new PM on February 17

J&K Lt Governor orders reopening of 14 tourist spots after Pahalgam terror attack

Amid backlash, Nainar Nagenthran expresses regret over comments on actor Trisha

SCROLL FOR NEXT