Mohammed Nalpad Haris is accused of assaulting a 24-year-old youth at a restaurant. (Photo | Twitter) 
Karnataka

Case against Karnataka Congress MLA's son more serious, says cop

The police, investigating the attempt to murder case involving Mohammed Haris Nalapad, have said that the complaint against him is of priority for them and not the counter-complaint.

From our online archive

BENGALURU: The police, investigating the attempt to murder case involving Mohammed Haris Nalapad, have said that the complaint against him is of priority for them and not the counter-complaint filed against the victim— Vidvat.DCP (Central) Chandragupta said on Tuesday that though there was a counter-complaint filed by a co-accused Arun Babu against Vidvat, investigation into the attempted murder case will be their priority.

“The counter-complaint will also be probed, but our focus is on the attempt to murder case as it is more serious.” When reporters asked him whether the police will open history sheet against Nalapad as his name figured in other cases in the past, the DCP said. “If anyone comes forward to file a complaint against him, we will take it up. On opening a history sheet we will decide after the probe in this case is completed.” He said all seven arrested persons had confessed to assaulting Vidvat.

“The probe so far has established that there was an assault on Vidvat at Farzi Café. We are not sure what triggered the incident and who assaulted whom first,” he said. In connection with the assault on media persons at Cubbon Park police station on Monday, he said that Maahir of Ashoknagar was arrested.

The accused 
Arun Babu (28)
Runs a juice shop
Manjunath (31) Driver/bouncer
Mohammed Afroz Ashraf (23) Businessman
Balakrishna (25) Driver
Abhishek (23)Businessman
Nafi Mohammed Nasir (28)
Businessman

Trump warns 'won't be anything left' of Iran unless it agrees to deal

Kerala CM-designate Satheesan announces 20-member cabinet; 14 new faces, allies accommodated

Indian worker among four killed in one of biggest Ukrainian drone attacks on Russia

Police inaction claims spark outrage in Rajasthan after Jodhpur sisters’ suicide in alleged gangrape case

Drone strikes UAE nuclear plant as US and Iran signal they are prepared to resume war

SCROLL FOR NEXT