A scene from China's Yanbian in Jilin province, when it was hit by a flood earlier this year. (AFP) 
World

Flash flood kills 25 in China's Sichuan province

The death toll today rose to 25 in a flash flood which hit a village following heavy rains in China's southwest Sichuan province.

From our online archive

BEIJING: The death toll today rose to 25 in a flash flood which hit a village following heavy rains in China's southwest Sichuan province, authorities said.

Authorities today recovered the body of the last missing person.

Four persons were also injured in the flood which struck at around 6 AM (local time) yesterday in Puge county's Gengdi village in Liangshan Yi autonomous prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted an official as saying.

So far the flood has affected 577 people of 157 households and destroyed 71 houses. Several roads and bridges were also damaged.

More than 1,000 people were dispatched to search for the missing people.

Over 200 rescue workers participated in the search for survivors.

Relief goods including tents, quilts and clothes have been sent for the affected residents.

Trump says he's called off Iran strike planned for Tuesday at request of Gulf allies

Twisha Sharma death case: Bhopal Police announce Rs 10,000 reward for info on absconding husband

US Justice Department drops all charges against Adani, case closed permanently

Bengal govt to end aid for religion-based groups; 'Annapurna' scheme, free bus travel to benefit women

Sunetra Pawar likely to initiate NCP merger talks amid speculation over party reunification

SCROLL FOR NEXT