Following a hoax call to Dial 100 about a bomb on Sabari Express, Railway police check baggage of passengers at Secunderabad station. (Photo| Vinay Madapu, EPS) 
Hyderabad

Hoax bomb call delays Sabari Express at Secunderabad railway station

On Tuesday around 12 noon, an unidentified person called the helpline Dial 100 and informed that he had planted a bomb on Sabari Express.

Express News Service

HYDERABAD: A anonymous caller who said that a bomb had been planted on the Trivandrum-bound Sabari Express, triggered panic at the Secunderabad railway station on Tuesday.

Soon after the call was received, Railway Police and RPF teams along with bomb squads swung into action and scanned the entire train and did not find any explosive material. Police later found that it was a hoax call.

Srinivas, Inspector of Railway Police, Secunderabad said that no explosive or any suspicious material was found during the searches. A case has been registered against the anonymous caller and a hunt is on to trace him, he added.

On Tuesday around 12 noon, an unidentified person called the helpline Dial 100 and informed that he had planted a bomb on Sabari Express. He even said the bomb was planted in the bogies towards Hyderabad side.

The call was immediately routed to the Railway police and all security wings including bomb, dog squads, Intelligence, Hyderabad city police and Railway Protection Force swung into action.

When the call came, Sabari Express was at Secunderabad railway station, waiting to leave for Trivandrum in a few minutes.As a preventive measure, all passengers were de-boarded and the whole area was cordoned off. Later, passengers were allowed to board the train and it left Secunderabad.

PM Modi asks ministers to focus on 2047 vision, next-generation reforms

Tamil Nadu CM Vijay’s cabinet sets record with seven Dalit ministers handling key portfolios

Key Pulwama terror attack conspirator Hamza Burhan killed by unidentified gunmen in PoK

Parliamentary panel members grill NTA officials over NEET paper 'leak', agency denies breach in system

Send Bangladeshi infiltrators to BSF, not courts: Suvendu tells Bengal police

SCROLL FOR NEXT