ISRO chief K Sivan. 
India

'Work on Chandrayaan-3 started', says ISRO chief K Sivan

Earlier this month, Sivan had stated that Chandrayaan-3's configuration will be almost similar to Chandrayaan-2 but the new mission will have a rover with a propulsion module.

From our online archive

BENGALURU: The work on Chandrayaan-3 mission has started and it is going on at full speed, ISRO chief K Sivan said on Wednesday.

"The work on Chandrayaan-3 has started and it is going at full speed," he told reporters here.

Asked whether ISRO look at a manned mission to the Moon, Sivan said, "Definitely someday but not immediately."

Earlier this month, Sivan had stated that Chandrayaan-3's configuration will be almost similar to Chandrayaan-2 but the new mission will have a rover with a propulsion module.

"In Chandrayaan-2 we had orbiter, lander and rover configuration. But the Chandrayaan-3 will be having a lander and rover with a propulsion module. The work is being carried out very smoothly," he had said.

Sivan further said that Chandrayaan-3's lander and craft cost is approximately Rs 250 crore, whereas the launch cost will be around Rs 350 crore. 

'Avoid non-essential travel': India advises against travel to three African countries amid Ebola outbreak

Man opens fire near White House, shot dead by US Secret Service; accused claimed he was 'Jesus' during 2025 arrest

Trump says a deal with Iran and opening of Strait of Hormuz are 'largely negotiated'

Counting underway for Falta Assembly repoll in Bengal; BJP takes commanding lead after first round

Fresh funding for MGNREGA throws up questions on parallel ops with GRam-G

SCROLL FOR NEXT