New Zealand all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme | AFP 
Cricket

Kiwis all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme misses West Indies ODIs after father dies

Zimbabwe-born de Grandhomme was travelling to Harare to be with his family and will be replaced in the squad by Doug Bracewell.

From our online archive

WELLINGTON: Black Caps all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme will miss the upcoming one-day international series against the West Indies after the sudden death of his father, New Zealand Cricket said Thursday.

Zimbabwe-born de Grandhomme was travelling to Harare to be with his family and will be replaced in the squad by Doug Bracewell.

"This is obviously extremely sad news for Colin and his family and we're all thinking of them at the moment," selector Gavin Larsen said.

"Right now the most important thing is that Colin is with his family."

New Zealand Cricket said it did not know when de Grandhomme would return.

The 31-year-old moved to New Zealand in 2006, making his ODI debut in 2012 and breaking into the Test team last year.

His late father Laurence, who had played first-class cricket in Zimbabwe, died at the age of 61.

New Zealand has three ODI and three T20 matches coming up against the West Indies starting next Wednesday, with more limited-overs matches to follow against Pakistan.

Seven killed in chemical factory fire in Rajasthan's Bhiwadi, two trapped inside

'AI will not kill jobs but will unbundle them': Microsoft India, South Asia President Puneet Chandok

SC declines to hear pleas against Assam CM over ‘shooting’ video, asks petitioners to move HC

Former Congress Assam chief Bhupen Borah quits party ahead of Assembly elections

ECI suspends seven WB officials; directs Chief Secretary to initiate disciplinary action

SCROLL FOR NEXT