Students, wearing protective face masks to help curb the spread of the new coronavirus, arrive to a high school in Wuhan in central China's Hubei province. (File photo| AP) 
World

Official sacked after new COVID-19 cases in China's Wuhan

Zhang Yuxin was removed from his post for poor management over the closing-off and control of the Sanmin residential community, where he served as secretary.

From our online archive

WUHAN: An official has been sacked in Wuhan, capital of China's Hubei province where the coronavirus pandemic originated last December, after the city reported six new confirmed COVID-19 cases, authorities said on Monday.

Zhang Yuxin was removed from his post for poor management over the closing-off and control of the Sanmin residential community, where he served as secretary, reports Xinhua news agency.

Wuhan reported a total of six new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Saturday and Sunday. All the patients are from the Sanmin residential community. The community had previously reported 20 confirmed COVID-19 cases. As of Monday, China had a total of 84,010 COVID-19 cases, with 4,637 deaths.

Twisha Sharma death case: Mother-in-law alleges she was 'drug addict' undergoing treatment

India to continue Russian oil imports regardless of US sanctions waiver status, says official

Bengal govt to end aid for religion-based groups; 'Annapurna' scheme, free bus travel to benefit women

Indian markets resilient enough to absorb West Asia conflict shocks, says Sebi chief

Sunetra Pawar likely to initiate NCP merger talks amid speculation over party reunification

SCROLL FOR NEXT