File Picture of former Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) chief A.P. Singh. | Image Courtesy: ANI 
India

Former CBI chief AP Singh refutes corruption charges related with Moin Qureshi

According to sources, it has been alleged that Qureshi was taking the favour from public servants and money from various unknown sources.

From our online archive

NEW DELHI: Coming out defiantly against the allegation of being involved in a corruption case related to meat exporter Moin Qureshi, former Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) chief A.P. Singh on Thursday said the majority of chats between him and the former took place after his retirement.

“Majority chats (BBM chats with Meat exporter Moin Qureshi) are after I retired from the CBI in November 2012,” said Singh to ANI.

Singh further said the majority of the chats are personal and not something which can help in the investigation. 

“None of the purported BBMs pertain to the CBI investigations. They are mostly personal and innocuous in nature as between friends,” he said. 

“Suffice to say these BBMs have been in public domain for over 3 years. The Income tax and Enforcement Directorate (ED) have not added anything further,” he added. 

The CBI, on the complaint of the ED, on Monday registered a case against Singh and Moin Qureshi along with others.

According to sources, it has been alleged that Qureshi was taking the favour from public servants and money from various unknown sources.

The investigating agency also conducted raids in Delhi, Ghaziabad, Hyderabad and Chennai in connection with Qureshi's money laundering case.

Earlier this year, a Look Out Circular (LOC) was issued by ED against Qureshi to ensure his presence during the probe in the money laundering case against him.

Kerala cabinet swearing-in today: Satheesan set to take oath as CM, as Congress marks return after a decade

T21 game on: Who are the new Kerala ministers? Meet the full UDF cabinet taking oath under CM Satheesan

Trump warns 'won't be anything left' of Iran unless it agrees to deal

Indian worker among four killed in one of biggest Ukrainian drone attacks on Russia

Police inaction claims spark outrage in Rajasthan after Jodhpur sisters’ suicide in alleged gangrape case

SCROLL FOR NEXT