Image for representational purpose only 
India

NCW issues suo-moto notice to Kataria over his remarks on Bikaner rape

Kataria has raised questions over the delay on part of the family in reporting the alleged rape of a minor by eight teachers in Bikaner last year.

From our online archive

NEW DELHI: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Tuesday issued suo-moto notice to Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria after his remarks on the Bikaner rape case.

Kataria has raised questions over the delay on part of the family in reporting the alleged rape of a minor by eight teachers in Bikaner last year.

Earlier on Sunday, reports emerged that the alleged victim of Bikaner rape case was diagnosed with cancer after sustaining bruises and injuries in her private parts due to sexual assault, where she was also forced to consume abortion pills by the perpetrators.

The victim's mother said that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts because of the sexual assault which led to cancer.

The matter came into light after the minor girl's father alleged that his daughter was raped by eight teachers of a private school who also made a video of the heinous act.

The alleged incident occurred in April 2015 and the FIR was registered last Friday after the girl's father file a complaint. 

Iran says US wants to 'start new war' after Trump threat

Xi and Putin oppose US-Israel war on Iran, warn Strait of Hormuz disruption poses threat to global trade

Congress ends 59-year wait, to join Vijay-led TN Cabinet on Thursday

Bhopal court rejects second autopsy plea in Twisha Sharma death case

25 states allocate funds as Centre prepares to launch VB-G RAM G from July 1

SCROLL FOR NEXT