Delhi High Court (Express File Photo) 
India

Delhi High Court withdraws Mehul Choksi's interim protection from arrest 

The order by Justice Mukta Gupta came after the police told the court that Choksi was not cooperating with the investigation as he was not available at any of the addresses given on his behalf earlier

From our online archive

NEW DELHI: The Delhi High Court today withdrew the interim protection from coercive action, including arrest, granted to Gitanjali Gems promoter Mehul Choksi in connection with an FIR lodged in 2016 by the owner of one of its retail franchisees.

The order by Justice Mukta Gupta came after the police told the court that Choksi was not cooperating with the investigation as he was not available at any of the addresses given on his behalf earlier.

Taking note of the submission made by Delhi Police, the court vacated its April 26, 2017 order by which the businessman was protected from any coercive action, including arrest.

Choksi is the uncle of billionaire Nirav Modi and the investigative agencies have swung into action against both of them for the Rs 11,500 crore scam of Punjab National Bank.

Vijay condemns killing of three Tamil men in Karnataka forest firing, demands high-level probe

US envoy Kushner meets Hamas' leader in push for a Gaza road map before heading to see Netanyahu

‘Probably my last year’: Cristiano Ronaldo hints at retirement after 25-year career

JPSC-JSSC aspirants burn effigies of Soren, Rahul Gandhi, Tejashwi over exam row, threaten CM house siege

NTA to re-conduct UGC-NET English, Commerce, Sociology papers over errors, repeated questions

SCROLL FOR NEXT