Kerala High Court  Photo by A. Sanesh
Kerala

Kerala HC dismisses anticipatory bail plea of Kumbh Mela fame Monalisa's husband in kidnapping case

The Court had earlier permitted Farman to approach the jurisdictional court in Madhya Pradesh for anticipatory bail within one month.

Express News Service

KOCHI: The Kerala High Court on Thursday dismissed the petition filed by Farman Khan, the husband of Kumbh Mela fame Monalisa Bhosle, seeking an extension of time to approach the Madhya Pradesh High Court for anticipatory bail in a kidnapping case registered on the complaint of Monalisa's father.

While disposing of the transit anticipatory bail plea filed by Monalisa and Farman earlier, the Kerala High Court had permitted Farman to approach the jurisdictional court in Madhya Pradesh for anticipatory bail within one month. 

In the latest petition, Farman sought an extension of one more month, stating that the couple was facing a grave threat to their lives.

Opposing the plea, Advocate Sajith Kumar V, appearing for the Madhya Pradesh Police, submitted that Farman's anticipatory bail application has dismissed by a Special Court in Madhya Pradesh on July 1. 

While dismissing the plea, Justice Kauser Edappagath said that the Kerala High Court lacked jurisdiction to continue extending the order in the transit anticipatory bail.

JeM's base in Pakistan's Bahawalpur rebuilt 15 months after Operation Sindoor: Intel inputs

Five-year-old girl mauled by stray dog in Kota; CCTV captures horrifying attack

'24 districts, 24 resolutions, one voice': Jharkhand student leader Mahto to begin recruitment reform campaign

CJP to review Centre's assurances against exam irregularities on August 24, says options for fresh stir still open

After Rahul's Pune outreach, Smriti Irani dares him to back 33% women’s quota, sing full Vande Mataram

SCROLL FOR NEXT