Image used for representational purpose. 
India

Arrested Red Fort terror attack suspect sent to 10-day police custody

A man, arrested in connection with the 2000 Red Fort attack case, was today sent to 10-day police custody by a Delhi court.

From our online archive

NEW DELHI: A man, arrested in connection with the 2000 Red Fort attack case, was today sent to 10-day police custody by a Delhi court.

Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Deepak Sherawat allowed the plea of Delhi Police seeking 10 days custody of Bilal Ahmed Kawa, who arrested yesterday from Delhi airport in a joint operation of the Delhi Police and Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).

Three people, including two Army jawans, were killed in the December 22, 2000 Red Fort attack.

According to the police, the Gujarat ATS informed it that Kawa, who had been declared a proclaimed offender in the case, was travelling from Srinagar to Delhi.

Kawa, who was suspected to be linked with Lashkar-e-Toiba, was arrested last evening from the T-3 terminal of the Delhi Airport, the police said, adding that money to the tune of Rs 29.50 lakh was transferred through hawala in various bank accounts, including those of Kawa, to fund the attack.

Kawa was on the run since 2000 and hiding in Kashmir, it claimed.

Satheesan defies Kharge as portfolio row dampens UDF victory euphoria

PM Modi, Italian PM Meloni visit iconic Colosseum; key talks later today

India must stay alert amid West Asia crisis, no immediate concern: Civil Aviation Minister

Mahoba horror: NEET aspirant abducted, tortured, gang-raped in captivity for 16 days

US lost 42 aircraft, including fighter jets, MQ-9 Reaper drones in Iran war, says report

SCROLL FOR NEXT