Delhi High court. (File Photo) 
Other

Min appeal in NSF case

The bench had asked the ministry to withdraw recognition to 54 NSFs last week.

From our online archive

CHENNAI: The sports ministry has filed a fresh application in the Delhi High Court seeking its consent to grant provisional recognition to 57 National Sports Federation (NSFs) until September 30. 

The bench had asked the ministry to withdraw recognition to 54 NSFs last week. The application filed through the central government’s standing counsel said, “non-renewal of annual recognition of NSFs is detrimental to the overall development of the sports especially the sportspersons who are otherwise presently demoralised due to Covid-19 since all training and competitions were put on hold.

The government is in the process for planning and resumption of training...” A bench of Justices Hima Kohli and Najmi Waziri had passed the order.

All hype & no competition: India beat Pakistan, seal Super 8s berth in style

LS Speaker Om Birla to represent India at Tarique Rahman's oath ceremony in Bangladesh

INTERVIEW | Budget shunned short-term populism, reflects yearning to be developed nation: PM Modi

Amid rising crime in BJP-ruled Uttarakhand, Congress condemns 'hooliganism in Hanuman's name'

Mani Shankar Aiyar says Pinarayi Vijayan will continue as Kerala CM; Congress distances itself from remarks

SCROLL FOR NEXT