For representational purposes. 
The Sunday Standard

11-year-old boy starves to death in Bihar amid coronavirus lockdown

Although district officials claimed they were not aware of any such incident, a press release quoting CPI(ML) state secretary Kunal said the body died due to starvation.

Express News Service

PATNA: An 11-year-old Dalit boy died of hunger at Mushahar Tola in Bihar’s Ara district on March 27, claimed a report put out by the CPI(ML). The report sought to link the alleged hunger death to the ongoing nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus.

Although district officials claimed they were not aware of any such incident, a press release quoting CPI(ML) state secretary Kunal said the body died due to starvation. Kavita Krishnan, a Left-leaning human rights activist, tweeted about the incident on Saturday, alleging that the boy had been starving because of the lockdown.

Some CPI(ML) leaders visited the family after getting word of the alleged incident and arranged for ration.
The victim was the son of a daily wage labourer, who was out of work since March 21. Bhojpur DM Raushan Kushwaha said, “I got the municipal commissioner to ascertain the veracity of this claim. I was told that the boy had been ill for the last few days. His death had nothing to do with the supply of foodgrains.”

New mandate in India and Japan's moment

Jharkhand woman, her newborn burnt to death by relatives on suspicion of witchcraft

PM Modi rallies European leaders around India–EU FTA, AI partnership

Bengal SIR: Man named as father of two voters in same constituency; no proof of relation found

T20 World Cup: Dube, Varun star as India stay unbeaten with 17-run win over Netherlands

SCROLL FOR NEXT