HMAS Success scans the southern Indian Ocean, near the coast of Western Australia, as a Royal New Zealand Air Force P3 Orion flies over, while searching for missing flight MH370. (Photo | AP) 
World

Malaysia Flight 370 families to hunt for debris in Africa 

The families of those onboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 say they will mount a debris-hunting trip to Madagascar.

From our online archive

KUALA LUMPUR: The families of those onboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 say they will mount a debris-hunting trip to Madagascar to search for clues to what happened to the missing plane.

Investigators have identified six pieces of wreckage to have either definitely or almost certainly come from the jet, which vanished with 239 people while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014.

Voice 370, a family association, says the debris collected so far has all been found off Africa's east coast, but there has been no systematic, organized search by investigators.

It said Monday that next-of-kin believe the search will provide find answers and closure. An ongoing search in the southern Indian Ocean, where the plane is believed to have crashed, has been fruitless and could be suspended soon.

TN Cabinet expansion: Sengottaiyan moved to Revenue, Marie Wilson gets Finance, exclusive AI ministry

Petrol pumps in Punjab run dry, dealers seek immediate govt intervention to increase fuel supply

Heat wave empties roads and markets in north India as some farmers turn to nighttime work

Calcutta HC orders setting up SIT of CBI to probe hushing-up charges in RG Kar rape-murder case

US team may visit India next month for BTA talks: Commerce Minister Goyal

SCROLL FOR NEXT