Police activity at an address in Elsmore Road, in connection with the concert blast at the Manchester Arena, in Manchester, England. (Photo | AP) 
World

Bomb disposal called to Manchester college in false alarm

Bomb disposal units were responding to a call at a college in Trafford in the suburbs of Manchester.

From our online archive

MANCHESTER: Bomb disposal units responded to a call at a college in Manchester on Thursday which turned out to be a false alarm, police investigating Monday's terror attack in the city said.

Police said a "possible suspicious package... has now been deemed safe and the cordon has been removed".

Police earlier said EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) units had been called to the site in Hulme, an area just south of the city centre.

It said several roads in the area were closed.

"Officers are in attendance and we are currently assessing the situation," they said.

All hype & no competition: India beat Pakistan, seal Super 8s berth in style

AI Summit: India's chance to push clean innovation

ECI suspends seven WB officials; directs Chief Secretary to initiate disciplinary action

INTERVIEW | Budget shunned short-term populism, reflects yearning to be developed nation: PM Modi

NC, PDP slam J&K BJP MP for spending 94% allocated funds in UP

SCROLL FOR NEXT